GoGirls ICT Sponsorship Initiative
Through our Time to Shine ICT #TTOSICT project, GoGirls ICT Initiative came up with a sponsorship scheme for the best performing mentees since 2017. This was deliberated upon after discovering that many school dropouts were as a result of lack of tuition to keep students in school as a result of many factors including poverty. And also many girls raised the issue of high fees for science courses and through this scheme, we believe we can be able to help make their dreams come true.
In order to qualify for this scheme:
- A student should have participated in the #TTOSICT mentorship program running in their school.
- A student should remain in her/his particular school unless joining another level.
- The student should have completed their mini-projects and presented it to a panel of judges to be evaluated during the #TTOSICT competitions.
- The student’s school should have emerged among the winners with the best ideas implemented or their group is the best in their school with the best ideas during the #TTOSICT competitions.
- Some special exceptions are, student must be vulnerable and can not afford paying school fees. For this criteria the student does not necessarily emerge winner during the #TTOSICT competition but rather should be a participant
- For Participants joining higher institutions of learning, he/she must be joining a public institution with South Sudan.
- We follow up with the schools on how the students were performing.
- Schools provided a copy of termly performance report of the student(s) for those in primary and secondary while for higher institutions, results will be provided twice per year for each semester.
- During the course of the term, one visit to each of the schools and a conservation with their teacher.
- One on one conservations with each participant every end of the term and psychosocial support.
- And in cases of poor performance by the student, in that very school with the help of the focal teacher, we have also set up a counselling session for such students to find out what could be the problem.